2021 GENESIS GV80 EARNS TOP SAFETY PICK+ AWARD
- First-ever GV80 SUV earns TOP SAFETY PICK+ designations, joining G70 sport sedan and G90 flagship sedan with top honors
- Genesis models provide the latest safety and driver assistance technologies for customers with safety as their top priority
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California, March 18, 2021 – Today, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that the first-ever 2021 Genesis GV80 SUV has been designated as TOP SAFETY PICK+ (TSP+) for 2021. GV80 joins the 2021 G70 sport sedan and 2021 G90 flagship sedan with top honors and prior to this, G70, G80, and G90 all received TOP SAFETY PICK+ designations for two years in a row in 2019 and 2020.
“At Genesis, the customer is at the core of everything we do, and safety is our top priority,” said Mark Del Rosso, President & CEO of Genesis Motor North America. “The GV80 is our latest entry in the Genesis line-up of vehicles that places customer safety first.”
The Genesis GV80 is equipped with a comprehensive suite of state-of-the-art driver assistance and safety technologies including Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Junction Crossing, Lane Following Assist, Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist and more. It also offers sure-footed handling thanks to the rigid chassis construction that ensures firm stability even under the most challenging driving conditions.
“Winning the IIHS TSP+ award for GV80 demonstrates the exceptional safety performance and design of our vehicle,” said Brian Latouf, Chief Safety Officer of Genesis Motor North America. “The GV80 body structure was engineered with energy absorbing front and rear crumple zones and high strength structural load paths to maintain occupant compartment integrity during severe crash impacts. The GV80 structural safety design protects occupants with the seatbelt systems, pre-tensioners and 10 airbags including a new front seat center airbag that deploys between the driver and front seat passenger. We are proud that the GV80 design effectively protects its occupants and performed well in the IIHS tests.”
The 2021 Genesis GV80 is equipped with the latest in safety and driver assistance technologies, including:
- 10 standard airbags, including one of the only Center-Side airbags on the market, further protecting front cabin occupants in the event of a collision
- Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Junction Crossing and Turning, mitigating the risk of impacts when crossing or turning through an intersection
- Blind-Spot Collision Avoidance Assist, helping reduce the chance of potential impact with a moving vehicle, upon departing a parallel parking spot
- An all-new platform – with strong focus on safety – including passenger compartment protection and reinforcement areas with use of advanced high strength steel for rigidity and safety.
Genesis Motor North America
Genesis Motor North America is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California. Genesis is a global automotive brand that delivers the highest standards of performance, design, and innovation. Genesis offers a range of models including the G70 sport sedan, G80 executive sedan, the flagship G90 sedan, and the GV80 sport utility vehicle.
Please visit our media site for the latest news at www.genesisnewsusa.com (USA) and www.genesisnews.ca (Canada).
Genesis Media CenterMedia Inquiriespr@genesis.comSouth Korea