GENESIS G80 AND ELECTRIFIED G80 JOIN 2024 LINEUP WITH IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ DESIGNATION
- 2024 Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 secure top honors from IIHS by providing the latest safety technologies to customers.
- Genesis GV60, GV70, Electrified GV70, and GV80 secured TOP SAFETY PICK+ designation from IIHS earlier this year.
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 12, 2023 – Today, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) announced that the 2024 Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 earned TOP SAFETY PICK+ recognition. With this designation, the Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 join the Genesis SUV lineup of GV60, GV70, Electrified GV70, and GV80 with top honors in safety.
“At Genesis, our entire product portfolio is engineered with the highest standards of safety for customers,” said Claudia Marquez, chief operating officer of Genesis Motor North America. “We are pleased that the G80 and Electrified G80 executive sedans have been recognized for exceptional safety performance by IIHS.”
To qualify for IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+ in 2023, a vehicle must earn:
- Good ratings in the driver-side small overlap front, passenger-side small overlap front, updated side and original moderate overlap front tests
- Acceptable or good headlights standard across all trims
- Advanced or superior ratings of a front crash prevention system in both daytime and nighttime vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluations must be available
The G80 and Electrified G80 earned superior ratings for the standard front crash prevention system in daytime vehicle-to-pedestrian evaluation and advanced rating in the nighttime test. Both sedan’s LED projector headlights were acceptable-rated on all trims.
All Genesis models are equipped with a comprehensive suite of exceptional active and passive safety technologies including Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Keeping Assist, Blind-Spot Collision Warning and more. Each vehicle in the Genesis line-up offers standard advanced safety features that help avoid crashes and provide advanced occupant protection when crashes do occur. These advanced safety systems resulted in the 2024 Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 earning IIHSTOP SAFETY PICK+awards.
“The G80 and Electrified G80’s IIHS results have demonstrated our high standard for safety performance,” said Brian Latouf, Genesis global chief safety officer. “We are proud to have these models join our entire SUV lineup in earning TOP SAFETY PICK+ designations.”
The Genesis G80 and Electrified G80 are equipped with the latest in safety and driver assistance technologies, including:
- Ten standard airbags, including front center airbag between the driver and center console, minimizing collision damage between driver and passengers.
- Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist* which can help mitigate the risks of collisions with detected vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists in certain conditions.
- Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist**, helping reduce the chance of potential impact with a vehicle that is detected in the blind spot.
- An innovative platform – with strong focus on safety – including passenger compartment protection and reinforcement areas using advanced high strength steel for rigidity and safety.
- Genesis Connected Services and Connected Care, providing always-on connection and allowing for peace-of-mind safety features like Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, and SOS Emergency Assistance when the vehicle has access to a cellular network connection.
*Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA-Ped&Cyc) with Pedestrian and Cyclist Detection helps detect pedestrians and cyclists, but not in all conditions. FCA-Ped&Cyc is designed to assist drivers to avoid, or reduce the severity of, collisions with cars that have slowed or stopped in front of them. The system is not designed to detect certain stationary objects such as trees or poles, and may not detect all vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists under certain road, weather and vehicle conditions. It is a supplemental assist and does not replace the need for extreme care and attention by the driver. FCA-Ped&Cyc may not stop the vehicle completely and will not avoid all collisions. The driver is responsible for being attentive and maintaining control of the vehicle, and should not wait for the system's alerts before braking as there may not be sufficient time to brake safely. See Owner’s Manual for further details and limitations.
**Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA) helps the driver by warning of other cars in the blind spot region and can apply braking to help prevent an unsafe lane change. It senses the rear side territory of the vehicle when it is traveling over 20 mph. There are limitations to the function, range, detection and clarity of the system. It will not detect all vehicles or objects in the blind spot. Its operation depends on the size, distance, angle and relative speed difference between your car and other cars. BCA may not operate if sensors are obscured in any way. Do not rely exclusively on BCA. BCA is a supplemental system and the driver must still be attentive and exercise caution when driving. It is important to always signal, look over your shoulder and through your mirrors before changing lanes. It is the driver’s responsibility to be aware of the surroundings and ensure it is clear before changing lanes or directions. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
**Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) will not work under all circumstances. It operates above 40 mph and only when it is able to detect painted lane markings. It cannot function if the lane markings cannot be seen clearly. If the lines cannot be seen clearly due to poor road conditions, weather, or lighting conditions, it may not function. It also may not function on very rough roads, when walls, curbs or concrete barriers are close by, or if following another car too closely. Since it "sees" the lane markings using a camera in the upper windshield area, it is imperative this area be clear and free of blockage such as stickers, dirt, snow, tinting material, markings and labels. Lane Keeping Assist is not a substitute for safe driving practices, but is a supplemental assist only. The driver is responsible for always maintaining command and control of the vehicle and must keep hands on the wheel at all times. See Owner's Manual for further details and limitations.
Genesis Media CenterMedia Inquiriespr@genesis.comSouth Korea
MORE FROM LATEST G80 NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
GENESIS GV70, G80 EARN TOP MARKS IN J.D. POWER 2022 U.S. APEAL STUDY
GENESIS NAMED TOP PREMIUM BRAND IN J.D. POWER 2022 U.S. INITIAL QUALITY STUDY
GENESIS WINS FOUR PRESTIGIOUS iF DESIGN AWARDS
GENESIS G80 WINS 2022 CHINA DESIGN CAR OF THE YEAR AWARD, RECOGNIZED FOR ITS DISTINCTIVE DESIGN BY THE CHINESE MARKET